I recently made this to serve at an art exhibition called *Shift* at the shop and it was a hit! Lots of people were asking for the recipe so I thought I'd share ( : It's also a great way to enjoy all that summer sweet corn!
-5 ears of boiled corn cut off the cob, I like to char half on the grill after boiling for an added smokey flavor!
-1 cup Raw Cashews
-1 Sweet Onion
-3 cloves garlic
-2 tbsp Avocado Oil
-1 Red pepper
-1 Jalapeño pepper
-1/2 cup Nutritional yeast
-1/2 cup Vegan mayo
-Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Soak raw cashews in 1.5 cups boiling water (you can substitute vegetable stock for a little added flavor)
2. Chop onions and garlic, sauté until translucent in avocado oil. Set aside.
3. Chop red and jalapeño peppers, sauté in avocado oil. Add corn, salt and pepper to pan.
4. Blend nutritional yeast, onion/garlic mixture, and soaked cashews (including the water/broth) until smooth.
5. Pour cashew cream sauce over corn and pepper mix, add vegan mayo, thoroughly mixing all ingredients together.
6. You can now either pour the mixture into a crock pot or baking dish. Sprinkling smoked paprika and cilantro on top! I prefer the crock pot method, which really brings out the flavors and keeps everything bubbly hot for hours!